- American Urological Association
- Endourological Society
- Engineering and Urology Society
- Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Urogenital Reconstruction
Doh Yoon Cha, MD
Accepting New Patients
Dr. Doh Cha received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology at Johns Hopkins University. There, he graduated as a member of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest national academic honor society. He received his medical degree at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, where he also completed both his surgical and urologic residencies. Following his chief resident year, Dr. Cha underwent a combined fellowship training in minimally invasive urology and voiding dysfunction/neurourology at Columbia University Medical Center/New York-Presbyterian Hospital. His training was under the direction of nation’s leading experts, Dr. Mantu Gupta and Dr. Matthew Rutman. Dr. Cha is Board Certified in Urology.
Dr. Cha practices all aspects of urology, with expertise in laparoscopic/robotic kidney surgery, percutaneous treatment of kidney stones, male/female incontinence, pelvic prolapse, and laser treatments for benign prostatic hypertrophy. He has authored numerous peer reviewed journals, book chapters, and videos. His research has been presented at both national and international meetings. He is a member of the American Urological Association, Endourological Society, Engineering and Urology Society, and the Society of Urodynamics/Female Pelvic Medicine and Urogenital Reconstruction. Dr. Cha joined our team in 2012.
UMDNJ, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School – Piscataway, NJ
Internship & Residency
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – New Brunswick, NJ
Languages SpokenEnglish, Korean
Years of Experience
- Robotic Surgery
- Kidney Stones
- Pelvic Prolapse
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
Schedule an Appointment
For “New Patient” visits only.
- Shapiro E, Lipsky M, Cha DY, McKiernan JM, Benson MC, Gupta M. Outcomes of Intra-Renal BCG/IFN for Biopsy-Proven Upper-Tract Carcinoma in Situ. J Endourol 2012 Jul 26.
- Rutman MP, Cha DY, Blaivas JG. How do urodynamics findings influence the treatment of the typical patient with overactive bladder? Curr Urol Rep. 2012 Oct;13(5):370-8.
- Gupta M, Cha DY. Stones in exceptional situations. In: Knoll T, Pearle MD eds. Clinical Management of Urolithiasis. 1st New York, NY: Springer, 2012:167-186.
- Gupta M, Cha DY. Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction. In: Monga M ed. Ureteroscopy: Indications, Instrumentation, and Technique. 1st New York, NY: Humana Press, 2012.
- Gupta M, Cha DY. Prone technique. In: Instrumentation and surgical technique, step by step PCNL. 1st In press.
- Gupta M, Tan YK, Cha DY. Management of stones in abnormal situations. In: Shah O ed. Urologic Clinics, The Multidisciplinary Management of Urinary Stone Disease. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier; In press.
- Pollard ME, Shapiro EY, Cha DY, Small AC, Mohamed NE, Badani KK, Gupta M. Comparison of three upper tract chemotherapy delivery techniques in an ex vivo porcine model. J Endourol. Submitted.
- Shapiro EY, Lipsky MJ, Cha DY, Badani KK, Gupta M. Mini-Percutancous Nephrolithotomy Without Mini Instruments: A Novel Technique. J Endourol 2012. Submitted.
- Kim IY, Modi PK, Sadimin E, Ha YS, Kim JH, Skarecky D, Cha DY, et al. Detailed analysis of prostate cancer patients with metastasis to the prostatic anterior fat pad lymph nodes: a multi-institutional study. J Urol Submitted.
- Mueller TJ, DaJusta DG, Cha DY, Kim IY, Ankem MK. Ureteral Fibrin Sealant Injection of the Distal Ureter During Laparoscopic Nephroureterectomy-A Novel and Simple Modification of the Pluck Technique. Urology 2009, November.
- Johnson KC, Cha DY, DaJusta DG, Barone JG, Ankem MK. Pediatric single-port access nephrectomy for a multicystic, dysplastic kidney. Journal of Pediatric Urology 2009;5: 402-4.
- Zhao PT, Cha DY, May M, Barone JG, Evan A, Bledsoe S, Tischfield J, Sahota A. Slc3al-knockout mouse as a natural model of bladder outlet obstruction. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2009;209: S128-S128.
- Williams JR, Zhang YG, Zhou H, Osman M, Cha DY, Kavet R, Cuccinotta F, Dicello JF, Dillehay LE. Predicting cancer rates in astronauts from animal carcinogenesis studies and cellular markers. Mutation Research 1999; 430: 255-269.
Always check with your health insurance carrier before scheduling any type of service. You can learn the details of your individual health insurance plan, including the amount of your copay, deductible, and coinsurance by visiting your health insurance company’s website or by calling their customer service department.
Verified Patient on Healthgrades.com